Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) Lighthouse Premium Self Raising Flour
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 75g soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) milk
For the Icing:
- 2 cups (280g) icing sugar
- 140g soft butter
- 1 tbsp (20ml) milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line a standard 12 hole muffin pan with patty cases.
2. Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise & scrape out seeds. Combine vanilla seeds, butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; beat on medium speed until light & creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Alternate between adding a third of the flour and a third of the milk at a time, beating until all ingredients have been incorporated and batter is smooth. Divide the batter equally between the prepared patty cases.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. Beat butter, icing sugar and milk in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed and beat for 1-2 minutes or until light and creamy. Spread or pipe icing over cooled cupcakes.