Wholemeal Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) Lighthouse Wholemeal Bread, Pizza & Tortilla Plain Flour
- 1 tsp (3.5g) dried yeast
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 2 tsp (10ml) olive oil
- 2/3 cup (160ml) lukewarm water
1. Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
2. Dissolve yeast in a little lukewarm water then stir in remaining water.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, place the dissolved yeast mixture and oil into the well and gradually work the flour in from the sides.
4. Remove dough from the bowl and knead by hand until smooth and elastic. If dough is too sticky, add 1-2 tablespoons of extra flour.
5. place dough in a clean bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
6. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
7. Add desired toppings and bake at 220˚C (200˚C fan forced) for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.