Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 cup (150g) Lighthouse Biscuit, Pastry & Cake Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 100g cold diced butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tbsp (20-40ml) cold water
1. Place the flour, sugar, salt and butter into a food processor or mixing bowl. Process or use your fingertips to combine until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Mix in the egg yolk and just enough cold water to bring the mixture together as dough. Knead lightly and shape dough into a disc, cover with cling film and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan forced). lightly grease a 23cm tart tin.
4. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line the prepared tin with the pastry and trim and excess. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork and place into the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
5. Line the pastry case with a sheet of baking paper and fill with dried beans, rice or pastry weights and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the weights for a further 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool and add filling of your choice.