- 1 cup (150g) Lighthouse Premium All Purpose Plain Flour
- 30g butter, extra for cooking
- Pinch of fine salt
- 1 3/4 cups (430mL) milk
- 2 free-range eggs
1. Warm butter, salt and milk in a saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
2. Put the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Break the eggs into the well and work in some of the flour.
3. Add the warm milk mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cooking. The consistency of the batter should be like thin cream. Add more milk if batter is too thick.
5. Heat a crepe pan over medium heat, then wipe with a piece of buttered paper towel.
6. Lift the pan from the heat, ladle in some of the batter, and then swirl quickly to spread it thinly to the edge of the pan.
7. Return the pan to the heat and cook for 1 minute.
8. lift the outer edge of the crepe with a flexible spatula and flip the crepe, using your fingers or the spatula.
9. Cook the other side for less than a minute. Immediately slide the crepe onto a cool dry tea towel.
10. Continue with the remaining batter until all the crepes are cooked.