- 1 x 500g Lighthouse Pizza & Focaccia bread mix sachet
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 1 x 6g yeast sachet
- Salt & Rosemary to garnish
1. Place bread mix and yeast in a large bowl. Add lukewarm water and mix with fork to form a dough, mix further with hands to bring dough together.
2. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface, knead for 8-10 minutes (applying extra flour to prevent the dough sticking) until the dough is soft and elastic.
3. Shape dough into a ball and place into a lightly greased bowl, cover with a clean damp cloth then leave in a warm place until dough doubles in size (approx. 30-45 mins*).
4. Preheat oven to 220˚C (200˚C fan forced).
5. Punch down dough and transfer to a lined baking tray (30cm x 20cm x 3cm). Shape the dough so that it covers the whole tray.
6. Use the tips of your fingers to dimple the entire top of the focaccia then drizzle olive oil over the top carefully, allowing the oil to roll into the indentations. Re-cover and leave in a warm place to rise again (approx. 20 minutes).
7. Garnish by brushing with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, rosemary and your desired toppings.
8. Place dough into the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove loaf immediately, then place onto a wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.