- 3/4 cup (100g) Lighthouse Premium All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup (90g) Anchor Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup (150g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 85g Butter
1. Preheat oven to 170˚C (150˚C fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine golden syrup and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 40 seconds or until butter is melted. (Alternatively, melt in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water).
3. Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, coconut, and bicarbonate soda to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
4. Add butter and syrup mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until a crumbly dough is formed.
5. Roll tablespoon amounts of dough into evenly sized balls and place on tray 5cm apart.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.