Louise Fulton-Keats and Lucy Nunes show us how to make a delightful Multigrain Seed Bread using a Thermomix. With the help of Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Flour, we are shown just how easy it is to get a nutritious and rustic looking loaf in easy to follow steps.
For more information about Thermomix.
Multigrain and Seed Bread with Thermomix
Makes 1 loaf
Prep time 10 minutes
Standing time 1 hour
Cooking time 40 minutes
100g cracked wheat
20g sesame seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
10g poppy seeds
350g lukewarm water
7g instant dry yeast (1 sachet)
350g Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Flour (strong bakers flour)
20g olive oil
20g sunflower seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
20g pumpkin seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
1. Place the wheat and the seeds into the TM bowl. Mill for 1 minute on speed 9.
2. Add the water, yeast, salt, flour and oil. Mix for 6 seconds on speed 7 to combine.
3. Set dial to closed lid position. Knead dough for 2 minutes on interval speed. In last 20 seconds, add the sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean bench. Knead the dough into a ball. Place in a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel. Stand for about 40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Place dough on a clean bench. Punch back dough with fist and knead into a ball. Sprinkle the bench with extra sesame seeds and flatten the dough into a rough rectangle. Roll dough into loaf shape. Place the dough onto a floured baking tray and cover with a clean tea towel. Stand for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 230°C conventional or 210°C fan-forced. Bake for 40 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the base.