Louise Fulton-Keats and Lucy Nunes show us how to make a delightful Multigrain Seed Bread using a Thermomix. With the help of Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Flour, we are shown just how easy it is to get a nutritious and rustic looking loaf in easy to follow steps.
For more information about Thermomix.
Multigrain and Seed Bread with Thermomix
Makes 1 loaf
Prep time 10 minutes
Standing time 1 hour
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 100g cracked wheat
- 20g linseeds
- 20g sesame seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
- 10g poppy seeds
- 350g lukewarm water
- 7g instant dry yeast (1 sachet)
- 10g salt
- 350g Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Flour (strong bakers flour)
- 20g olive oil
- 20g sunflower seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
- 20g pumpkin seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
- Place the wheat and the seeds into the TM bowl. Mill for 1 minute on speed 9.
- Add the water, yeast, salt, flour and oil. Mix for 6 seconds on speed 7 to combine.
- Set dial to closed lid position. Knead dough for 2 minutes on interval speed. In last 20 seconds, add the sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bench. Knead the dough into a ball. Place in a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel. Stand for about 40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Place dough on a clean bench. Punch back dough with fist and knead into a ball. Sprinkle the bench with extra sesame seeds and flatten the dough into a rough rectangle. Roll dough into loaf shape. Place the dough onto a floured baking tray and cover with a clean tea towel. Stand for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 230°C conventional or 210°C fan-forced. Bake for 40 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the base.